Friday, June 8, 2012

Everything's Coming Up Roses

 I don't think i can take any credit for the rose show in my yard this spring. Maybe negligence is the best tool in my shed! Thanks to nothing that i've done, the roses have put on quite a show!

 This is the weirdest thing- i planted this "Abraham Lincoln" bush oh, maybe 10 years ago! And killed it dead. D.E.A.D. Like gone for good. Then, last year i noticed some thorny stems, and being the lazy  attentive gardener that i am, i ignored them. Guess that was a good thing, cuz look! Big 'ol crazy rose bush!



 These guys are my best helpers {as long as they leave me alone!}


O.K. Not roses, but don't you just love the old fashion look of a Bleeding Heart? I only wish they lasted longer.




Whats blooming in your garden right now?


Have a great weekend!


Gaia

2 comments:

  1. Your roses are gorgeous....I don't tend mine very well either. Seems when I do it doesn't help much. We have alot of hosta in our garden and lilies. There are other things of course, but mostly green stuff. Boring, so I am doing alot of container planting this year with annuals for pops of color. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never use to be a host fan until i discovered 'Sum And Substance' They grow a HUGH leaf in a limey green color. Have you grown these? I also do a lot of container gardening- it's about the only thing the dogs leave alone! Have a great weekend! {It's gonna be a HOT one!}

      Delete

What's on your mind?