Friday, April 8, 2011

Kitchen Spruce-up

I'm NOT afraid of color. I'm not! Just look at what i did seven years ago when we reno'd our kitchen. COLOR!
Yep, i know, it's a bit much. Once i started painting the kitchen this granny smith apple green, i was determined to love it.
And i do! Only... it's grown to be a bit much.


Time for a change. While i still love this color, i decided to keep it as an accent color on the hood and chandelier shades.

Here's one more shot of the wall color and my sad attempt at a window treatment (yes, it's been like that for seven years- the shame.


I painted the walls and bead board "Buttermilk" from Vaspar. I love the creaminess it takes on later in the day. I also found the deal of the day at Ikea with these linen panels. I used two, together. I gave them the usual treatment- wash and dry with mega dryer sheets.

I pulled this picture for inspiration from either Ballards or Pottery Barn, choked on the price,

and then found these decals at JoAnn's! Woo hoo! Love me a good cheap copy!


I blinged up an old lamp shade with rick-rack and buttons,


and covered these,


with this mod green and white fabric, and black ball fringe.


Fun!Well, that's about as far as i've gotten. I still need a window treatment over the sink, and chair cushion covers. I've cleaned out the cupboards and edited the shelves. With this job done {almost} i'm feeling better about the 'list'. It taunts me, it causes me to lose sleep, i hate the 'list'. I want it gone.

Soon enough!

I'm off to Washington tomorrow to see the cherry blossoms. Can't wait!

Have a beautiful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?