Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thrifted Treasures

Now that Father's Day has passed, it's safe to show you Sweet Mans gift- O.K. so there really wasn't much of a chance that he might actually read my blog and discover his surprise! Any hoo, i found these yummy antique decanters at a garage sale -$20 for all of them! I know! So happy!


I was lucky to find another piece of my mothers childhood china. It's a Homer Laughan pattern with the sweetest little blue birds on it.


And these lumpy meshy food covers



I fell in love with these two wrought iron Airedales. They weigh a ton! Perfect door stops, and better behaved than the Airedale we had when we were first married-much better!

Well, Ms. A and i have loaded up the car and are getting ready for our road trip to Iowa. She is competing in a National Forensics Tournament this weekend. My friend Joyce and her daughter (who is also competing) are riding with us, and she has it on good word that Iowa is a great state for antiquing! We just may have to leave our suitcases by the side of the road to make room for our finds. Sometimes a girl has to do, what a girl has to do!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely collections you have. You are blessed to have such pieces in your posession.

    PS Mr. Sole Monkey is ready to make a visit with you. Can you please leave me a comment with your mailing address? I will NOT publish it. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?