Friday, March 19, 2010

Lil' Sprout and Fireplace Re-do

I do believe Spring has sprung! I wasn't sure if i would find and spring bulbs left after we had our entire driveway and side walk torn out and replaced last fall. The guys that put in our pavers did a great job but thought nothing of digging up all the surrounding plants and stomping their big ol' work boots where ever they liked!

But look who survived! These two little sweeties!

The heirloom tomatoes i started last week have sprung, too!


I just noticed that in almost all of my photo's there is a little bit of Rylee in each. Whether it's the woosh of her tail or the top of her fro, she always seems to make her way into almost every frame!

(See that fuzzy fro?)




Here is a sneak peek at our fireplace re-do. It's one of those weird 70's corner fireplaces. I never could figure out how to arrange the family room around it. Do i make it a focal point? or do i make the T.V. wall the focal point? This is an odd room to work with...very roomy, but not very much wall space.

Part of the mantle is up and the side boxes. I plan to distress it a bit and do a weathered paint treatment on it. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) it turns out the way i see it in my head.

I'm actually remembering to take before photo's! I'll let you know as it comes along!


Hope you have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh....I love it when the sprouting begins! I am totally amazed each year, watching flowers, etc grow once again. :)

    And yes, beautiful fireplace but what a challange to decorate around it. Hmm. I'll have to think on that one.

    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little sprouts! i love that you painted the brick can't wait to see it done! i'm sure it'll be wonderful! thank you SO much for visiting and your sweet comment! susan

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?