Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Heeere!




"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." (insert happy little holiday dance here) The glittery pumpkins have been put away, the fall wreath is off the front door and the twinkly lights are fired up. Everybody stand back cuz momma's getting her Holiday on! It can't be helped, i grew up with the Queen of Christmas. If it wasn't nailed down, it got decorated. If two trees were good then ten would be better! I have a lot of the 'i can decorate that' gene in me. However...we need to slow down and take a deep cleansing breath here, ready for it?...i don't decorate for Christmas! (audible gasp)! I know, are you O.K.? It's really not that bad. Really. Twenty-some years ago i met and fell madly in love with my sweet Jewish man. From that point on i knew i had to make a choice as to which side of the menorah i was standing on, and ,well, you guessed it ...it's the 'Festival of Lights' Gaia style! I still need to get my fill of Christmas finery, so we take our annual light tour through other peoples neighborhoods and i get my fill. I've been collecting snowpeople for years so this is the perfect time to break them out and decorate for the season. So many Hanukkah decorations are themed with blue and white, so i expand on that a bit with silver, turquoise and LOTS of glitter! Lucky girl that i am i have a very understanding sweet man. Every few days i'll share with you a different part of my collection. Bring on the twinkle lights! Let the festival begin!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! What a great love the two of you share. Looking forward to seeing more of your snowmen. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?